Ingredients for 4 people
- 12 fresh prawns
- 1 spring onion
- 1 egg
- 300 grams of lettuce Roman
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise light
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar balsamic
- 2 leaves of basil
Step by step recipe
- Cook the prawns without peeling.
- Cook an egg in the same saucepan as the prawns.
- Wash the lettuce leaves and basil and peel the chives.
- Cut the lettuce, basil, and chives.
- Peel and cut the prawns into small pieces. Reserve 5 whole prawns to decorate.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, and orange juice in a bowl, stir until it is a homogeneous mixture.
- In a large salad bowl, place the lettuce, chives, prawns, and grated egg.
- Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste and add the dressing. We stir the salad and place the prawns, which we had reserved, on top to decorate.
- Serve and enjoy.
Complete Recipe Of Shrimp Salad
Prawns are a food that is within the group of seafood and that they have a high level of protein and low energy value thanks to the low percentage of fat they have. Of course, they are not advisable for people with hypertension due to their high sodium content. For those who love prawns, we bring in this recipe a delicious salad in which this seafood is the protagonist. This shrimp salad is a great option for those times when we don’t have a lot of time to cook and want to make something light and nutritious.
To start making our shrimp salad:
- We are going to put a saucepan with water on the fire, and when the water starts to boil, add the prawns without peeling.
- Next, we cut off the heat and wait until the prawns start to float, so we will know what the perfect cooking point for the prawns is.
- When the prawns are cooked, drain them with the help of a strainer and then add them to an excipient with ice, this will make the prawns retain their texture and flavor.
- We peel the prawns and cut them into pieces, leave 5 whole prawns to decorate and reserve.
- Next, in the same saucepan in which we have cooked the prawns so in a saucepan or smaller saucepan, add water and put an egg. When the water begins to boil, we turn off the heat and leave the egg inside for 11 minutes, after those minutes we take the egg out of the water and put it in a glass with cold water to cut the cooking of the egg and prevent it from passing. We let it cool a bit inside the glass and then we peel it with our hands and grate it with the help of a grater, we reserve.
When we have the prawns and the egg ready, we prepare the rest of the ingredients:
- We wash the lettuce and the basil leaves and peel the chives, cut everything with the help of a knife, and reserve.
- Next, we prepare the dressing by mixing very well, in a container, the mayonnaise, the balsamic vinegar, and the orange juice, until it is a homogeneous mixture. Once we have the dressing ready, we just have to mix everything in a salad container.
- Add the lettuce, chives, prawns, and grated egg, season everything with salt and pepper to taste, and add the dressing. We stir the salad very well so that everything is well mixed and we place the prawns that we had reserved whole to decorate on top.
- Now we only have to serve cold and enjoy this delicious shrimp salad. We can accompany this shrimp salad with grilled beef or chicken fillet or with some sautéed mushrooms.