Ingredients for 4 People
- 200 grams of quinoa
- 500 grams of diced chickens
- 500 grams of diced beef
- 1 glass of olive oil
- two ripe tomatoes
- one large onion
- 3 teeth of garlic
- one zucchini medium
- 4 carrots
- one pumpkin
- one eggplant
- Ginger (half a piece)
- 2 sheets of laurel
- 1 tablespoon of cumin ground
- two cinnamon (branches)
- Raisins (to taste)
- 1 handful of olive boneless
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- PepperGround or whole black
- two small cayenne
- one meat broth (pastilla)
- 1 liter of water
Step by Step Recipe
- Add the water and boil water. Once the water comes to a boil, add all the vegetables except the pumpkin and add the salt, pepper, ground cumin, the meat pill, cinnamon, and bay leaf and let it cook all together until the vegetables are cooked. The fire should be medium.
- Subsequently, we add the pumpkin, the prunes, the olives and we scratch the ginger and let it boil for approximately 10 minutes. To finish, add the tabasco or cayenne pepper and let it rest.
- Boil the quinoa in a saucepan, not forgetting that the measurements are 1 glass of quinoa for two of the water. Once the water has been consumed we place the quinoa on a plate and on top the meat with vegetables and sauté with the sauce.
Quinoa: Complete Recipe
This recipe is very simple, despite the high number of ingredients that it involves, and perfect for four people. It is very healthy and balanced (approximately a few 800 calories per dish) and complete, perfect as a main dish in a meal.
- To begin, we will first prepare the chicken and veal meat and the chosen vegetables with their corresponding stew, and then, finally, prepare the accompanying quinoa.
- We will use the same pot, a large one, for all the preparation of the recipe.
- We will put half a glass of olive oil in the pot and let it heat up, then we add the onion and garlic cloves and let it all cook together for a few minutes.
- When it has taken the texture we need, we scratch it the ripe tomato and let the water that it releases to be used up.
- Later, we add the chicken and veal meat, all together, and we seal it in the fire so that it remains half-cooked, although without finishing and releases the water that the meat contains inside.
- Next, we add the half liter of water, until approximately half of the pot.
- Once we add all the ingredients of the recipe, we can add more water if necessary. We bring it to a boil.
- Once the water is boiling, add the carrots, zucchini, and eggplant together with the salt, the ground black pepper, the tablespoon of ground cumin, the bay branches, and the cinnamon sticks. We stir it and let it boil all together for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft (we can check it by pricking it with a fork). At this point we will assess whether or not we add more water to the pot, the ingredients must be covered with water, but without being too watery.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add the pumpkin. The reason that the pumpkin is the last ingredient to add to the pot is simple: it becomes soft very quickly and if we do it at the beginning of the process, along with the rest of the vegetables, it will overcook and go away. to undo.
- At this point, we scratch the ginger and taste the sauce to see if it needs us to add more salt or some spice, such as cumin, and put it to the point that we like.
- Next, and to finish, we add the tabasco, depending on the point of spiciness that we like and the prunes with the olives, we let it boil all together for about 10 minutes. We already have our sauce and meat with vegetables ready for this recipe with quinoa. Let rest.