Step by Step Recipe
- Put the oven to heat to 200ºC.
- Peel the carrot and cut it into cubes or thin strips. Do the same with the zucchini and chives.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil and distribute the vegetables on each of them, seasoning on top with a little salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Remove any remaining skin or bones from the 4 cod fillets and place them clean on top of each of the vegetable portions.
- Season with salt, ground black pepper, hot or sweet paprika, and a little oregano.
- Sprinkle with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and close each package, then placing them on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes and then let them warm before serving this delicious papillote to your guests.
Cod Papillote: Complete Recipe
Cod is a fish that is characterized by being low in fat – approximately 1% of its total weight – and providing very few calories. So it is usually a very popular food for people who want to lose weight. In addition, cod also helps keep blood cholesterol at optimal levels thanks to its content of Omega-3 fatty acids, among many other properties. Like many other white fish, it is an ingredient that can be used in very different ways in the kitchen, giving rise to a very wide range of recipes, including Andalusian cod, brandade of cod, or the delicious meatballs with cod stuffing. However, one of the easiest ways to prepare it is in papillote since it hardly needs preparation before putting it in the oven. In addition, if you accompany it with some vegetables, you will make sure you have a light and healthy lunch or dinner. Take a great note!
- Just before starting to prepare this delicious cod al papillote, you can turn the oven to 200ºC, since it will take at most 10 minutes to have the ingredients ready to put them in it.
- Start by peeling the carrot, cut it into squares or julienne.
- Next, do the same with the chives and zucchini.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil and distribute the vegetables on each of them, adding a little salt and ground black pepper to give them a little flavor, but then you will also add a little more on top of the fish.
- When you have prepared the bed of vegetables, clean the 4 cod fillets making sure to completely remove the remains of skin and bones, because there is nothing more annoying than enjoying a delicious fish and stick a thorn in your mouth.
- The next step will be to season each cod fillet with a little salt, ground black pepper, sweet or spicy paprika, and a little oregano to taste or any other spice you like.
- Finally, pour a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and close each of the portions like making small packages. Put the 4 servings on a baking tray and put in it if it has already reached the indicated temperature.
- The cod will take approximately 10-14 minutes to cook.
- After that time, take it out of the oven and let it warm for a few minutes before serving it to the rest of your family. You’ll see how this cod papillote will delight both adults and children and is a delicious and simple way to make a very healthy recipe.